Last month, Activision announced the final Grand Prix event for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, but they’re still planning on adding content to the game, and over on their official blog, the game’s publishers detailed everything that’s coming to the kart racer remake.
Earlier this week, CTR received an update which gave players access to the following content.
- Geary, the robotic clean freak (if you haven’t already unlocked)
- Crunch, part cyborg, part Bandicoot (if not already unlocked)
- Beenox-themed skins for Crash, Cortex, and Crunch. And, due to popular demand, the first-ever Legendary skin for Geary!
- A Beenox-themed kart
- A Beenox-themed paint job
- A Beenox-themed sticker
- A set of Beenox-themed wheels
Activision also revealed what will replace the Grand Prix mode, saying that they’ll add daily, weekly, and monthly challenges for players that will be called Wumpa Challenges, as players will be rewarded with the game’s currency — Wumpa Coins — for completing CTR’s various challenges.
They also added new Beenox Time Trial challenges, where players attempt to beat the developers’ best times on each track. If you’re able to beat the devs’ best times, you’ll be rewarded with a special set of Legendary Wheels for your efforts.
Players can also earn rewards for completing Oxide and Velo Time Trial challenges. If you’re able to beat Oxide’s best time, you’ll be rewarded with the Champion Kart, along with a new Signature Decal. Also, if you’re able to beat Velo’s best time, you’ll unlock another Signature Decal for the Champion Kart.
There will also be new Pit Stop content, which is detailed below.
- Three new characters including the Lab Assistant, Baby Cortex and Baby N. Tropy!
- Two new karts, both of which are customizable; the Neon Hawk airplane kart and the Nitro GT kart.
- An assortment of new Legendary Skins.
- An assortment of new color variations for existing Legendary Skins.
- An assortment of customization items for karts.
The developers will make changes to the Pit Stop, as content from previous Grand Prix seasons will reappear, so you’ll be able to get content that you missed the first time around. Also, players will be allowed to refresh the Pit Stop twice per day, as items recirculate every 24 hours.
Of course, Beenox will probably continue to add content to Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled as the months go on, or until a new CTR is announced. Last month, a report came out that Activision is developing a new PvP Crash Bandicoot title, which could very well be the next Crash Team Racing.