HappyGamer values the privacy of users and others who visit and use the Site and HappyGamer Services (collectively or individually, “you” or “users”). HappyGamer wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from and about you.
For purposes of data protection laws, HappyGamer Inc., located at 5850 Canoga Ave, Ste 400, Woodland Hills, CA 91367, is the “data controller” of your information.
You may share personal information when using the Site. One example is when you provide information about yourself as part of the HappyGamer profile creation process. Another is when you take certain actions on the Site and HappyGamer Services that are public or intended to be public in nature, such as when you create and publish content. Given the social nature of the Site, that information may be collected, used, or disclosed by others who are part of that social interaction. In addition, some features of the Site are designed to provide others with information about user activity, such as identifying the user who created or interacted with certain content on the Site. We encourage you to be mindful of this when considering your activity on the Site.
Personal Information HappyGamer Collects About You
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when we provide the Site and The Site and HappyGamer Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Site and HappyGamer Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use the Site and HappyGamer Services.
- User-provided Information: You may provide a variety of information about yourself to us, such as your name, email address, telephone number, credit card number, and billing information when you create a profile; upload, purchase, view, or download certain content or products from the Site and HappyGamer Services or otherwise use the features and functionality of the Site and HappyGamer Services.
Examples of how HappyGamer uses automatically collected information include to: (a) remember your information the next time you access the Site and HappyGamer Services; (c) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (d) monitor the effectiveness of marketing campaigns; (e) monitor and store aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and (f) track your entries, submissions, and other activity associated with your blog posts.
How HappyGamer Uses Personal Information
- HappyGamer uses such information to operate, maintain, enhance, provide, create, and develop all of the features, functionality, and services (new or existing) found on the Site; provide security for our websites, products, software, or applications; manage relationships with HappyGamer account holders, including making or receiving payment; improve your experience with the Site and HappyGamer Services by providing content recommendations and by delivering content that we hope you will find relevant and interesting, including advertising and marketing messages; allow you to comment on content; prevent fraud and abuse; and understand the usage trends of our users.
- We use your email address and phone number to communicate with you, including to notify you of major Site updates, confirming your registration at the creation of your profile on the Site, for customer service purposes, and to contact you regarding any content that you have posted to or downloaded from the Site.
- HappyGamer may periodically send promotional materials or notifications to you related to the Site. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials, you can go to your account settings once you have logged in to the Site and HappyGamer Services or follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of any email from us.
- In certain cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information (such as our obligation to share data with tax authorities).
- We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time, and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
- HappyGamer will rely on legal grounds to process your personal information to the extent permitted by applicable law, which may include, without limitation: to honor contractual commitments, to take steps in anticipation of entering into contract, to fulfill legal obligations, your consent, and HappyGamer’s legitimate interests.
When HappyGamer Discloses Personal Information
We share such information as described below:
- HappyGamer may disclose user information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with U.S. state and federal laws or other applicable laws around the world (for example, in the country of your residence), or respond to a court order, judicial or other government request, subpoena, or warrant in the manner legally required.
- HappyGamer also reserves the right to disclose information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to protect HappyGamer from potential liability or from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims, or allegations; protect the security or integrity of the Site; or protect the rights, property, or safety of HappyGamer, our users, or others.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Data Subject Rights and Your Choices
You may decline to share certain information with HappyGamer, in which case HappyGamer may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Site. If you have created profile, depending on the service, you may be able to update your profile information and preferences or disable your account by logging in and going to the settings. For other requests to review, update, delete, or otherwise limit HappyGamer’s use of information that you have provided directly to HappyGamer, you may contact at email@example.com. In your request, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and specify all relevant background. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), can exercise certain data subject rights available to them under applicable data protection laws. We will comply with requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please note that in some circumstances, we may need to continue processing your information for certain legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. If these rights apply to you, they may permit you to request that we:
- Obtain access to or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you;
- Prevent the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling);
- Update personal information that is out of date or incorrect;
- Delete certain personal information we hold about you;
- Restrict the way that we process and disclose specific personal information about you;
- Transfer your personal information to a third-party provider of services;
- Revoke consent that you previously provided for the processing of your personal information.
If applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
Account Closure & Deletion
Third-Party Services and Websites
If you connect to a third-party service (such as Facebook, Twitter, or another third-party application) through the Site or otherwise link your profile with a third-party service, you are requesting and authorizing us to share or grant access to information on your behalf (such as your username, the fact that your connection originated from the Site, and other relevant usage and diagnostic information) with such third party. We may also send information about the content you interact with or your activities on the Site to such third parties.
Advertisers and Analytics Providers
We may use third-party Web analytics services in connection with the Site, such as those of Google Analytics, and its advertising features. These service providers use a variety of tracking technologies such as cookies to analyze how users use the Site. The information collected (described above in “Automatically Collected Information”) will be collected directly by these service providers to evaluate your use of the Site. For more information on how Google Analytics uses data from our websites and how you can control the information sent to Google, click here. To learn about opting out of Google Analytics, please click here. Because these opt outs are cookie-based, please note that if you get a new computer or device, install or start using a new browser, or erase or alter your browser’s cookie file, you may need to opt out again.
HappyGamer may allow advertisers, third-party advertising networks and third-party advertising serving companies to serve advertisements directly to you within the Site. By serving these advertisements directly to you, these companies can set their own cookies on your computer and trigger their own Web beacons and other tracking technologies to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements, and to collect and track information such as demographic information, inferred interests, aggregated information, and activity to assist them in personalizing the advertising content delivered to you. HappyGamer does not provide information that is intended to identify you personally to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent. However, if you respond to an advertisement that targets a certain audience (for example, males age 20 to 25 who have participated in certain promotions), the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience that they were trying to reach.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for third-party purposes.
HappyGamer uses a variety of managerial, technical, and physical measures to protect the integrity and security of your information. These measures may vary based on the sensitivity of your information. However, no security precautions or systems can be completely secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to HappyGamer, and you do so at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Retention of Your Information
IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, YOU MAY NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SITE AND HAPPYGAMER SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, HappyGamer does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from persons under 13 years-of-age. If HappyGamer learns that personal information of persons under 13 has been collected on or through the Site and HappyGamer Services, HappyGamer will take appropriate steps to delete this information.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has created a profile in violation herein, then please contact HappyGamer at firstname.lastname@example.org to have that child’s account terminated and personal information deleted.
For residents of the EEA, where processing of personal information is based on consent, HappyGamer will not knowingly engage in that processing for users under the age of consent established by applicable data protection law. If we learn that we are engaged in that processing with such users, we will halt such processing and will take reasonable measures to promptly remove applicable information from our records.
Merger or Sale
In the event that HappyGamer, or some or all assets related to the Site and HappyGamer Services are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity or in connection with a contemplated change of ownership transaction, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control event, including in the course of diligence.
International Data Transfers
HappyGamer Contact Information
California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (as defined by applicable California law) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. HappyGamer does not currently disclose personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
This policy was updated March 7, 2019.